Planning in Plain English
Wednesday 27 January 2021 from 10am - noon (Fully booked)
Cost £35 per person (members); £70 per person (non-members)
Gail Boyle is a parish councillor with an expertise in planning. Gail understands the roles and responsibilities of a town and parish councillor from a councillor perspective with respect to planning matters, and has extensive practical experience in responding to applications, local and national planning consultations and proposed national infrastructure projects.
• How to be effective in influencing the planning system from a councillor perspective
• Information sources and where to find help
• An explanation of the planning system structure, cutting through the confusion, putting everything into context without the jargon
• Policies & Resources – the planning framework, why and how local councils should be active at all levels.
• How to construct a response, the language to use, how to make points that are relevant, in context and that will be noted
• Keeping up to date – what's coming down the line