Tags: good practice
The editor of LCR magazine (Local Council Review) is in the process of putting together the next issue and is seeking information on;
1. Councils, especially parish councils, that would be good candidates for the Council Focus page;
2. Parish councils doing good work in terms of health & wellbeing, young people and climate change; and
3. Councillors that are doing dynamic work for our Dawn to Dusk... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 14:02 by Alison Robinson
9 Jan 2020 01:15 PM
Competition aims to celebrate towns' achievements, including in areas such as entrepreneurship, technology, community, enterprise, and integration.
- Communities Secretary announces new Town of the Year competition to celebrate thriving towns
- New government focus on delivering for towns, with designated contacts to help people in every town and an expert panel to advise towns to plan... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 09:36 by Alison Robinson
COUNCILLOR OF THE YEAR goes to Cllr Nick Penny, Coleford Town Council.
NALC held its annual conference on Monday and Tuesday this week, the conference also announced the winners of the star councils awards.
Congratulations got to Cllr Penny (councillor of the year), Cllr Penny has been the driving force behind Coleford Town Councils goal to regenerate the town by proving a high quality green leisure... Read More »
Posted: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 16:16 by Alison Robinson
We have added under the 'Best Practice' tab the local council projects list that NALC has drawn up.
Three projects are there from Gloucestershire councils (Cirencester Town Council, Lydney Town Council and Quedgeley Town Council).
Posted: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 13:09 by Alison Robinson
We have a new tab titled 'Best Practice' and would like parish and town councils to share all the amazing/creative projects that they deliver. Please email GAPTC for us to upload the information.
Painswick Parish council have got the ball rolling with two examples, one on apprenticeships and one on business units.
However, they had many more examples including working with the schools to hold a formal... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:15 by Alison Robinson