Meeting with housing minister
The NALC chairman, Cllr Sue Baxter, and head of policy and communications, Justin Griggs, met the housing minister, Kit Malthouse MP, last week, primarily to discuss neighbourhood planning.
- Sue welcomed his engagement with NALC and the Hampshire Association of Local Councils, in particular through Lobby Day, outlining the important role of local (parish and town) councils... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 07 May 2019 11:54 by Alison Robinson
NALC Larger Councils Committee
The Larger Councils Committee met on 22 January at CCLA in London, here's a brief summary:
- Colleagues from CCLA welcomed the Committee to their offices and gave a brief overview of their work with the charities, churches and local authorities sectors, with total funds under management close to £9bn, the public sector making up almost 20% (£1.7bn) and some 700... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 09:35 by Alison Robinson
NALC conference this week
·Wednesday's Making Local Economic Growth Work conference was a fitting and positive way to round off this year's extensive events programme – huge thanks go to councils, county associations, sponsors and commercial partners, stakeholders, the hotel staff, all speakers and our own staff.
· Headlines of the day: - Beginning with the shadow secretary of state... Read More »
Posted: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 16:30 by Alison Robinson
Meeting with local government minister
· Last week the NALC chairman Cllr Sue Baxter, policy adviser Andrew Tubb and Jonathon Owen had a meeting with local government minister, Marcus Jones MP to discuss parish precepts.
· The minister was updated on steps taken since December's welcome decision not to extend referendum principles, to encourage councils to be financially transparent, pro-actively... Read More »
Posted: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 11:14 by Alison Robinson