Engagement Board - Covid19 update
An update from the last Engagement Board meeting that took place on Friday 12th February discussing COVID-19.
- 106.1 per 100,000
- A further 676 case in the last 7 days
- The total deaths 1016
- There are less people testing positive the highest percentage of positive tests are in the 40 – 59 age group and the 20 – 39 age group.
- R-rate – 0.7 to 0.9
Cohort 1-4 should be reached by the weekend (14th Feb).
Gloucestershire are still the best county in England with the following percentages having been reached:-
- Over 80's – 98%
- 75 – 79 – 79.3%
- 70 – 74 – 70%
- Extremely clinically vulnerable – 85%
- Health and social care workers – by the weekend, the numbers vaccinated should have reached 30,000.
Gloucestershire have started on cohort 5 (over 65's) and cohort 6 (those with long term health conditions e.g., asthma, diabetes).
To support take up with BAME communities a health and equalities group has been established.
- The focus is on reminding people to adhere to the guidance, hygiene messages, access to the business grant, and effectiveness of the vaccination programme
- A 'Help beat COVID-19' leaflet is being distributed which provides advice on testing, getting financial support, and mental health support
- Signage – signage is being updated to say 'continue to do all you can to keep COVID-19 rates low'
- Tickets are being issues – in the main to younger people who continue to gather. Young Gloucestershire has been commissioned to get the message out to younger people and support them
- The testing location map has been updated to make it clear where the locations are that you can get a test
- Instagram stories for young people have been created to inform them about testing
- LEP – are pushing the message for workplaces with over 15 employees to seek guidance/support on COVID19 workplace compliance
- There are plans afoot to do a 'twelve months on' feature to promote learning and success
Posted: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 15:30 by Alison Robinson