Half Day training on dealing with difficult customers - Wednesday 29th January 2020
Tetbury Town Council have confirmed they are holding two training sessions (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) on Dealing with Abusive Customers they will be run in Tetbury on Wednesday 29th January 2020. The cost is £45 per attendee. This is not an all-day event, but two separate sessions run back-to-back.
TTC are now taking bookings. Please confirm by 17th January to email@example.com
Many of us run an Office open to the public, or perhaps a Visitor Information Centre or some other facility open to the public. Would you or your staff benefit from a half day training session on dealing with difficult and abusive customers?
Tetbury Town Council is offering a training session covering:-
- Scenarios – look at videos of captured incidents
- Techniques – How to keep yourself safe, techniques that can be used to diffuse any situations.
- How to report incidents – who to report to, what needs to be reported, investigations from management.
- Your Council's Health and Safety Policy – What does your policy state, what duties do employers and employees have with violence and aggression under the Health and Safety Act etc?
- Lone Worker Policies
- How we can familiarise staff with relevant Policies
- Risk Assessments – are there any current control measures in their risk assessments? Are there any that could be implemented to help?
- Other steps employers can take
Some of the content is better aimed at Managers, but all staff should benefit from an awareness of their employers' duties towards them.
Wednesday 29th January 2020
There will two opportunities to book in – as we are running a morning session and an identical afternoon session (subject to interest)
Morning – Registration from 9am to 9.30am. Training from 9.30am until 1pm
Afternoon – Registration and Coffee from 1pm to 130pm. Training from 1.30pm until 5pm
Mr David Barker of Sureteam Health and Safety Consultants Ltd.
The Council Chamber, Tetbury Town Council Offices, The Old Courtroom, 63 Long Street, Tetbury GL8 8AA
Unfortunately the training room will be the Council Chamber on the first floor, with no disabled access.
There is only limited parking at the rear of this building, which really needs to be left for those with mobility/access needs – and should be booked through this office with a vehicle reg no.
Otherwise, all parking must be at the town's public car parks - Public Parking in Tetbury
The Old Station Car Park is furthest from these Offices, but it's free and only a five minute walk away.
Other car parking is to be found at The Chipping and in West Street.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO GAPTC
Posted: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 11:28 by Alison Robinson