Free 'Dementia Champion' training session for FOD parish/town councils
FOD Dementia Champions - aimed at Parish/Town Councillors - free training session 17th May
Can you email firstname.lastname@example.org, to confirm names and numbers that can attend, so organisers can prepare paperwork/certificates/refreshments?
Dear FoD Councils,
The FOD District Council is providing some training for parish/town councillors to enable them to become dementia champions in their community
The session is taking place on:-
17th May - 6-8 pm, FOD DC offices
A follow up session will take place on (same timings)
29th September - 6-8 pm, FOD DC offices
The role of the:
Community Dementia Link in the forest of Dean
Primary aims of the CDL role in the community
• To increase awareness and basic understanding of dementia, through considering the symptoms, diseases and the impact of dementia on the person
• To encourage people to be more supportive, accepting and considerate of those with dementia day to day within their communities
• To consider and disseminate the benefits of being known as dementia friendly
• To support people with dementia in your communities to feel welcome
• To identify individuals within your community who may benefit from appropriate information or guidance or from other forms of support you have available in your community such as a Memory Café, Singing for the Brain, Tea Dance….
• To share your knowledge and understanding with other community individuals, groups, business's organisations or relevant others
• Insert a statement about community emergency plans
Once trained there are quarterly forums in the district which are designed to help you keep your knowledge and understanding about dementia up to date. They are also a way of networking with other locally and to raise awareness within the Forest of Dean Dementia Alliance of issues, needs and concerns within your community.
Posted: Wed, 11 May 2016 17:27 by Alison Robinson