About the Institute
TO PROMOTE THE DEVELOPMENT, ADVANCEMENT AND WELFARE OF MEMBERS TO FACILITATE THE BETTER PROVISION, OPERATION, ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF CEMETERIES, CREMATORIA AND BEREAVEMENT RELATED SERVICES PRIMARY PURPOSES
1. To promote the improvement of cemeteries, crematoria and public services for the disposal of the dead.
2. To promote the advancement and welfare of people employed in the above undertakings.
3. To encourage technical and other studies in relation to the above and to improve and develop the technical and general knowledge of the profession.
4. To provide education and training, including lectures and conferences.
5. To provide library facilities
6. To distribute a journal and papers produced by the Institute.
7. To undertake investigations.
8. To engage people to act in a technical and advisory capacity.
9. To distribute trust funds
10. To promote, support or oppose initiatives (including proposed legislation) relating to burial, cremation and ancillary public services.
Fri, 14 Sep 2018
Working with people is never easy!
We are all different, needing different things at different times, with the ability or not, of understanding those needs and being able to reasonably express or respond to them. Sometimes, the opportunity to explore the situation, reflect in a safe place, can help lead to a resolution in a fraught situation.
Kim Bedford has been involved as a manager in retail for many years and latterly in the Local Council sector as a Councillor, Clerk and County Officer at GAPTC. She understands the pressures we all cope with in our daily lives and holds the National Certificate in Workplace Mediation, and can offer this service to you.
Due to the structure of Local Councils, the nature of the relationship between volunteer, local leader, advisor, employee and line manager can be complicated and sometimes confusing. Using her experience, she will work with you to try and find a way through troubled waters.
To find out more, please contact her by email at email@example.com, giving her your name, position and your email contact. She will make contact with you to seek some basic information and give details of the approach she will use, together with costs.
Mon, 10 Sep 2018