Planning in Plain English
Gail Boyle is a parish councillor and understands the roles and responsibilities of a town and parish councillor from a councillor perspective with respect to planning matters.
She also has extensive practical experience in responding to applications, local and national planning consultations and proposed national infrastructure projects. I do no profess to having formal qualifications in Town & Country planning but I believe that is what makes the session I deliver more accessible to other councillors.
The topics she covers in her two-hour sessions are:
- How to be effective in influencing the planning system from a councillor perspective
- Practical exercise - Permitted or permission?
- Information sources and where to find help
- An explanation of the planning system structure, cutting through the confusion, putting everything into context without the jargon
- Policies & Resources – the planning framework, why and how local councils should be active at all levels.
- How to construct a response, the language to use, how to make points that are relevant, in context and need to be taken notice of
- Practical exercise - Material or Non-material?
- In practice - what is the role of a councillor, how not to waste valuable time (yours and the Planners), which documents to look at.
- Keeping up to date – what's coming down the line
DATE 27 April from 10am - noon delivered online using zoom FULLY BOOKED
£35 per person (members rate); £70 per person non-members