Parish precepts 2018/19
Parish precepts have risen by 4.9% on last year's increase according to Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government's live tables published yesterday which provide Band D Council Tax figures, average Council Tax per dwelling and Council Tax statistics for all parish and town councils in England. Headlines include: total precepts increased by just over £33 million to £518 million, the average Band D is now.. Read More »
Posted: Fri, 18 May 2018 15:59 by Alison Robinson
Annual Conference 2018 keynote speakers confirmed
Rishi Sunak MP, parliamentary under-secretary of state at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) and Andrew Gwynne MP, shadow secretary of state at MHCLG will speak at the NALC Annual Conference.
Rishi Sunak MP has also agreed to an exclusive interview and to be the cover star for LCR Autumn.
NALC meets Rishi Sunak MP
The NALC.. Read More »
Posted: Thu, 17 May 2018 15:59 by Alison Robinson
On 9 May MPs accepted the government's amendment to exempt all parish and town councils and parish meetings from the requirement to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) under the GDPR. It now enters a ping pong phase with the House of Lords considering amendments made during the House of Commons stages, though we do not expect this amendment to be reversed.
Posted: Mon, 14 May 2018 15:47 by Anita Sach
GAPTC is working with GRCC and CPRE to host a Neighbourhood Planning Workshop on 6th June 2018 from 10.30 - 15.30 at Gambier Parry Rooms, Highnam Community Centre. Bookings must be made in advance with GRCC.
The event will be suitable for parish and town councils, neighbourhood groups and forums at any stage of the Neighbourhood Planning process - from 'thinking about' to 'made plan'.
At the event.. Read More »
Posted: Thu, 10 May 2018 14:57 by Anita Sach
Annual conference 2018
· This year the NALC conference will be debating the future of the sector in post-Brexit Britain and some important issues around that including devolution of powers, financial challenges facing community councils and the changing role of community councils in delivering local services – this has already received media coverage in LocalGov and Public Sector Executive. The conference will take place on 30 and 31 October 2018 in.. Read More »
Posted: Fri, 04 May 2018 16:07 by Alison Robinson
Congratulations to Tetbury Town Council on achieving 'Quality Gold' in the Local Council Award Scheme.
The panel visited the council yesterday to meet the staff and councillors. They also got to see some of the projects, including:-
* Goodshed project
* The new community hub building (recently acquired)
* Picnic areas (including partnership work with the Wildlife Trust)
Posted: Wed, 02 May 2018 07:49 by Alison Robinson
Update on GDPR and Data Protection Bill
· Last Thursday the government tabled an amendment to its own Data Protection Bill to exempt all parish and town councils and parish meetings in England and community and town councils in Wales from the requirement to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) under the General Data Protection Regulation. Officials from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) have confirmed with us that all other measures will.. Read More »
Posted: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 07:53 by Alison Robinson
This is a must read, a list of FAQs from PKF Littlejohn concerning the new regime for AGAR. Find it in the documents under A
Posted: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 15:49 by Anita Sach
The new rates of pay from 1st April can be found in our documents section under S.
Posted: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:59 by Sue Creswick
ICO statement on GDPR
· NALC are pleased to let you know that following lengthy discussions with relevant Government departments, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) have issued a statement of reassurance setting out their views on the particular challenges facing the local council sector regarding the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which NALC have very much welcomed. You can read the full statement in Policy Briefing PB01-18 but.. Read More »
Posted: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 13:02 by Alison Robinson