Leckhampton with Warden Hill (Cheltenham)
Leckhampton with Warden Hill Parish Councilwww.lwwhpc.org.uk
Vacancy: Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
Applications are invited for this position working from home. The successful candidate will need to be able to work on their own initiative and in partnership with councillors.
Overall responsibilities: As Clerk to the Council you will ensure that all legal, statutory, financial and other governing provisions relating to the Council are observed, all Council meetings are properly administered and the business of the Council correctly executed. In addition to the standard duties laid out above, the post will administer the finances of the Council as the designated Responsible Financial Officer. A full job description is provided with the candidate information pack.
Skills required: Good written and oral communication, literacy, basic IT , administration and financial, organisational. Previous local government and council administration desirable but not essential.
Hours: 20 Hours a week minimum on a flexible basis, with the possibility of up to 25 hours a week if responsibilities increase (particularly if a Parish expansion progresses).
Working primarily from home with monthly evening meeting which you need to attend.
A computer and printer will be provided and expenses paid.
Training where appropriate will be funded by the council.
Salary scale: SCP 18 – 25 dependent on experience and qualifications (£18,070 - £22,658pa pro rata)
Annual Leave 21 working days pro rata (rising to 26 days pro rata after 5 years' continuous local government service) plus 2 discretionary days and bank and public holidays all pro rata.
For more information or an informal chat please contact Dr Adrian Mears (Chairman) on 01242 521050
To request a Candidate information pack including application form please contact Clare Gould on email@example.com or 01242 696990
Closing date for applications: 7th November 2017
Interviews week commencing 13th November or 20th November (dates to be confirmed)
Thornbury Town Council (South Gloucestershire)
Thornbury Town Council is seeking a new Town Clerk. Full information can be found on the council website www.thornburytowncouncil.gov.uk.
The closing date is 23rd October 2017
Bledington Parish Council (Cotswold District)
Parish Clerk/RFO Vacancy
Bledington Parish Council is seeking applicants for the role of Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer with immediate start.
Bledington is a very friendly Parish Council, comprising 7 councillors and serves a small parish of approximately 600 people with a precept of approximately £14,000.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure that statutory and other provisions governing or affecting the running of the Council are observed; ensure that Council's obligations are properly met.
- Attend Council meetings (usually 11 per year), produce agendas and minutes.
- Implement the decisions made by the Council.
- Deal with all communication with the Parish Council (mail, e-mail, telephone, verbal) issue correspondence as a result of instructions of, or the known policy of, the Council.
- Act as the representative of the Council as required.
- Be the Council's Responsible Financial Officer and manage all financial transactions, including HMRC, council insurance, salaries, payments, bank accounts; keep proper records of account and produce annual accounts in preparation for audit; manage the audit process; prepare regular financial reports for the Council; maintain register of Council assets.
- Training available as required.
The successful candidate will be computer literate, have a good command of the English language, be competent in accounting processes and figure work and will be expected to work from home.
The contract, which will be subject to a three-month probationary period, will be for 20 hours per month on the national salary scale SCP 15 - 19 (£8.87 - £9.74 per hour). Salary level will be agreed in accordance with the candidate's abilities and experience.
An allowance will be paid for working from home, use of own computer equipment and other office expenses.
If you are interested in this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01608-659826 with an expression of interest.
Ham & Stone Parish Council (Stroud District)
The post of Clerk for this parish becomes vacant on January 1st 2018.
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV to Mr Gareth Langdon, 2 Court Meadow, Stone, GL13 9LR or email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is October 31st 2017
Vacancy for a Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
We are looking to appoint a suitable qualified and enthusiastic person to undertake this position from January 1st 2018
Applications are invited from interested persons who have:
A strong work ethic and the ability to work on one's own initiative
A pleasant personality and the ability to communicate both orally and in writing
Able to attend bi-monthly Meetings and take Minutes
Deal with correspondence
Update Council's website
Has an interest in Parish life
The position is for 8 hours per week
Salary determined by experience but begins at £8.71ph
1. To ensure that legal, statutory and other provisions governing or affecting the running of the Council are observed.
2. To monitor and balance the Council's accounts and prepare records for audit purposes and VAT.
3. To arrange suitable Insurance Cover to cover legal requirements
4. To prepare, in consultation with appropriate members, Agendas for Meetings of the Council and its committees; to attend such Meetings and prepare Minutes for approval.
5. To receive correspondence and documents on behalf of the Council and deal with or bring to the attention of the Council. To issue correspondence as a result of the instructions.
6. To receive and report on invoices for goods and services and to ensure such accounts are met. To issue invoices for goods and services to ensure payment is received.
7. To draw up, as a result of Councillor's instructions, proposals for consideration and to advise on the practicability and the likely effects of specific courses of action.
8. To monitor the implemented policies of the council to ensure they are achieving the desired result and, where appropriate, suggest modifications.
10.To act as a representative of the Council as required, but not to be sole attendee at meetings of local interest.
11.To issue notices and display these on the noticeboards.
12.To attend all meetings of the Council
13.To attend training courses on the work and role of the Clerk and attend conferences of relevant bodies, as required by the Council.
14.To manage Council's website and update as required.
Upper Rissington Parish Council (Cotswold)
Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer Vacancy
Applications are invited for the position of Clerk/RFO to Upper Rissington Parish Council on a permanent basis. This is a part-time position for 10 hours per week, with the possibility of more hours as responsibilities increase and includes some evening meetings.
The Clerk, who is based at the Village Hall, provides administrative support to the Council and, as the Responsible Financial Officer, will be required to manage the council finances. The precept is £73,000 pa.
The Clerk's duties include:
· Managing the monthly meetings of the Council including preparing the agenda, taking the minutes, advising Councillors on procedural/legal matters and progressing actions.
· Ensuring planning applications are considered by the Council and submitting responses to the local authorities in accordance with timescales and policies.
· Managing the Parish Council's finances, preparation of quarterly financial statements, payment of invoices, banking, end of year accounts, submission of accounts for internal and external audit, VAT reclaim, preparing for budget review and precept determination.
· Dealing with correspondence, drafting the newsletters and public notices and maintaining the web site.
Candidates must possess a high standard of oral and written communication skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office be capable of working independently without supervision and have the ability to deal with a range of issues. Experience in a similar role or knowledge of local council would be an advantage. Experience of website maintenance preferable - training will be provided if necessary.
NJC SCP salary scales LC2 23 - 25 (£10.95 ph - £11.66 ph) or LC2 26 (£12.05 ph) depending on experience and qualifications.
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and covering letter to Cllr Dawn Laird firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone 01451 810839 further information.
Staunton Coleford PC (Forest of Dean)
Staunton Parish Council
Parish Clerk Vacancy
Part-time 5 hours per week on a flexible basis based from home
SCP salary scales SCP16 – SCP 25, (£8.33 - £11.14 per hour) depending on experience and qualifications
We are a small Parish Council lying on the most Westerly edge of the Forest of Dean in an area of AONB. We are looking for a Clerk who has a genuine interest in helping our small friendly Parish Council develop and deliver quality services to the local community.
The role of Clerk is to ensure that the Council as a whole conducts its business properly and to provide independent, objective and professional advice and support. Ensuring all legal, statutory, financial and other governing provisions relating to the Parish Council are observed, all council meetings are properly administered and decisions effectively implemented whilst developing and maintaining positive partnerships with key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have:
A strong work ethic and the ability to work on their own initiative
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Be able to attend evening monthly meetings
A willingness to learn
Excellent attention to detail
Be able to work as part of a team
Previous organisational and administration experience
The successful candidate will be computer literate (Email, Word, Excel etc) and should be able to take minutes and publish them to an acceptable level. They should ideally have a CiLCA qualification (Certificate in Local Council Administration) or be prepared to work towards this within 18 months with the support of a mentor. Any training will be provided and costs covered by the Council. Support will be provided for a handover period.
For more information on training and courses available go to www.gaptc.co.uk
For a detailed job description go to www.stauntoncolefordpc.org.uk/vacancies
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and covering letter to the Parish Clerk at
email@example.com Closing Date 15th of October 2017