Cutsdean PC (Cotswold District)
CUTSDEAN PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer for this small and friendly Parish Council
Applications are invited for this position working from home. The successful candidate will need to be able to work on their own initiative and in partnership with councillors.
Overall responsibilities: As Clerk to the Council you will ensure that all legal, statutory, financial and other governing provisions relating to the Council are observed, all Council meetings are properly administered and the business of the Council correctly executed. In addition to the standard duties laid out above, the post will administer the finances of the Council as the designated Responsible Financial Officer. The precept is currently £900.pa.
Skills required: Good written and oral communication, literacy, basic IT.
Hours: One hour a week minimum on a flexible basis, with the possibility of overtime. Working primarily from home with bi-monthly evening meetings which you need to attend.
A computer and printer will be provided and expenses paid.
Training where appropriate will be funded by the council.
Salary £400. pa plus overtime
For more information or an informal chat please contact the current clerk Peter Forshaw 01242 602593
Closing date for applications: February 28th 2017
Bledington Parish Council (Cotswold District)
Parish Clerk/RFO Vacancy
Bledington Parish Council is seeking applicants for the role of Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer with immediate start.
Bledington is a very friendly Parish Council, comprising 7 councillors and serves a small parish of approximately 600 people with a precept of approximately £14,000.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure that statutory and other provisions governing or affecting the running of the Council are observed; ensure that Council's obligations are properly met.
- Attend Council meetings (usually 11 per year), produce agendas and minutes.
- Implement the decisions made by the Council.
- Deal with all communication with the Parish Council (mail, e-mail, telephone, verbal) issue correspondence as a result of instructions of, or the known policy of, the Council.
- Act as the representative of the Council as required.
- Be the Council's Responsible Financial Officer and manage all financial transactions, including HMRC, council insurance, salaries, payments, bank accounts; keep proper records of account and produce annual accounts in preparation for audit; manage the audit process; prepare regular financial reports for the Council; maintain register of Council assets.
- Training available as required.
The successful candidate will be computer literate, have a good command of the English language, be competent in accounting processes and figure work and will be expected to work from home.
The contract, which will be subject to a three-month probationary period, will be for 20 hours per month on the national salary scale SCP 15 - 19 (£8.87 - £9.74 per hour). Salary level will be agreed in accordance with the candidate's abilities and experience.
An allowance will be paid for working from home, use of own computer equipment and other office expenses.
If you are interested in this position please email email@example.com or telephone 01608-659826 with an expression of interest.